Sunday, March 29, 2015

My not so secret, secret

When people ask me what I do. These are the 4 things:

1. Eat healthy. This is the most important one. You have got to get your eating cleaned up. Otherwise you are just spinning your tires. One thing I do is on Sundays I will grill chicken, and that's boneless, skinless breasts, and have it ready to go through out the week. Either for salads, wraps, soups, tostadas, etc. I also have salad ingredients all washed and ready to throw together.

2. Exercise. And change up what you do. Cardio and strength training go hand in hand. But don't get stuck in a rut because then you can plateau. Listen to your body. It will tell you when you are ready to try heavier weights or more intense cardio. Don't be afraid to give new things a try. You will be surprised what your body and do once you get it out of your head that you can't.

3. Drink water. I drink at least a gallon of water a day. I also have 2 cups of green tea. Not the bottled stuff but a tea bag steeped in hot water, and if you don't like it hot then take the tea bag out and let it cool. And if you don't like green tea, there are tons of different flavors of green tea. Without sugar. My doctor told me to drink green tea as it would help my metabolism.

4. Get enough sleep. At least 7-8 hours a day. By the way for me this was the hardest one.

And I don't mind answering questions if you have any. To the best of my abilities I will try to help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment