Tuesday, August 18, 2015

My Fitbit!

So a few months ago I finally ordered a Fitbit.  I had been wanting one for a while but I wanted to make sure that it was a right gadget to buy.  Before I bought it, I went ahead and bought a regular pedometer.  It was terrible.  It didn't really work all that well.  It seemed that you had to move for almost a minute before it would start tracking my steps.  And if you didn't take any steps for about 30 seconds it would turn off.  So then I downloaded a pedometer app to my phone.  Mistake.  It wasn't all that great and it drained my phone battery.





So I finally broke down and ordered a Fitbit Flex from Amazon.  I ordered it in teal.  Pretty.  It came in and I linked it to my desktop computer and downloaded the app to my phone.  It says right on the box that it's waterproof.   So of course I wore it in the shower.  I guess I shouldn't have trusted what the packaging said.  It wasn't water proof and I had it 5 days when it finally gave out on me.  I sent it back and ordered a Fitbit Charge HR.  Which is the one I had originally wanted but it was 50 bucks more than the Flex.  This time I ordered the purple one.  Much prettier than the teal.  I LOVE it!  And I don't wear it in the shower.  Like my husband asked me, "How many steps can you take in the shower?"


What does my Fitbit do?

Keeps daily track of: Steps, heart rate(one of the biggest differences between the Flex and the Charge HR is that the Flex doesn't have this feature), miles, calories burned, active minutes (you have to turn on this feature either by holding down the button on the side of the Fitbit for a second or two or by using the app on your phone and when you are done with your activity you turn off the active minutes the same way), exercise, floors climbed, sleep, calories in and out, water, how many calories you have left and how many pounds you have before reaching your goal.  Many of those you can set to whatever goal you want.  When you reach your step goal it vibrates to let you know that you did it!  You made you step goal for the day.  You can also keep track of your workouts.  And go back later to see how you did for the day.  If you go for a walk you can turn it on from your phone and using the GPS from your phone will tell you the stats from your walk.  It will also tell you when you have gone over your daily steps you overachiever you!



  You can add friends and then along with your friends you can have challenges against each other.


Challenges: Goal Day, Daily Showdown, Weekend Warrior, and Workweek Hustle.  Goal Day is just that.  You and your friends just work to meet your step goal for the day.  It's the only one that is not a competition against anyone but your goal steps for the day.  The next one is Daily Showdown.  This one is a challenge to see who can get the most steps in a single day.  Then Weekend Warrior.  In this challenge you compete to see who can get the most steps on Saturday and Sunday.  Then lastly is the Workweek Hustle this one runs from Monday to Friday.  All these challenges run from 12am to 11:59 pm.


Also you get badges for certain accomplishments. 

Badges:  Daily Steps, Daily Climb, Lifetime Climb, Lifetime Distance, and Weight Goal.  Let me break each one down.  The Daily Steps keeps track of...you guessed it your daily steps.  If in one day you reach one of these step accomplishments you'll earn the following badges.  Boat Shoe-5,000, Sneakers-10,000, Urban Boot-15,000, Hightops-20,000, Classics-25,000 and Trail Shoe-30,000.  Trail Shoe is the highest I have reached so far.  If I manage to get 35,000 steps in one day I'll earn the next badge.  Daily Climb is another daily one.  It keeps track of how many floors you climb in one day and breaks down into Happy Hill-10 floors and Redwood Forest-25 floors.  Redwood Forest is the highest I have reached, but if I climb 50 floors in one day I'll earn the next badge.  The next badge is for Lifetime Climb.  This one counts your overall floors climbed for as long as you have your Fitbit.  I have only had my Fitbit long enough to earn the Helicopter badge-500 lifetime floors climbed.  Next one is 1,000 lifetime floors.  The next badge is Lifetime Distance.  This one keeps track of you miles you have gone since having and using your Fitbit.  It starts with the Marathon Badge-26 miles, then Penguin March-70 miles, then London Underground-250 miles, and Serengeti-500 miles.  I'll earn the next badge when I reach 736 miles.  And yes it tells you how many more steps, floors, and miles you need to earn the next badge.  I don't have any of the Weight Badges because when I got my Fitbit I had already reach my goal weight.


It's also very true that I have become a fanatic about my Fitbit.  It drives me pretty much every day to get all my steps in.  Here is an article that pretty much sums up my Fitbit obsession.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/63730-19-very-real-and-emotional-struggles-of-having-a-fitbit-or-does-your-fitbit-have-you?utm_source=FBOnsite


I love my Fitbit, if you have one add me and we can get stepping together!  My email address is: hey_letty_1999@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment