Monday, August 24, 2015

Dinner Menu August 15 to August 21

My daughter had an itty bitty ketchup bottle that was sitting around empty.  And I had the idea to put a serving of salad dressing, 2 tbsp. in it and take it with me when we go out to eat. If I order a salad, I'll get it with no dressing.  When the salad gets to the table, I'll whip out my trusty little bottle of salad dressing.  After I pour it on my salad I'll just drop it back in my purse.  Just don't forget to take it out once you get home and wash it.  I've done that.  And now I have a itty bitty empty bottle.







Saturday:  Lemon Pepper Cod, dilly fries, and green beans.  I love baking fish.  You eliminate the batter, the oil, and so many bad calories.  All you have is beautiful fish.  I just wish they sold fresh fish here in the middle of the desert...that's not catfish...catfish I HATE!!!




Lemon Pepper Cod

2 lbs. cod
lemon pepper seasoning
2 tbsp. butter
juice of 1 lime

Heat oven to 450.  Spray oven safe pan with Pam.  Place cod in pan.  Sprinkle the cod with lemon pepper seasoning, to your taste.  Roast 5-7 minutes until opaque.  Melt butter in a small sauce saucepan.  Add lime juice and cook for 1 minute more.  Before serving drizzle butter mixture over cod.

The french fries were a single serving tray that you can just pop in the microwave.  Follow the directions.  When they are done I like to pour them into a bowl, sprinkle with Mrs. Dash, pepper and dried dill.  Toss to coat and then serve!

For the mixed veggies, they are the frozen ones.  You can steam them right in the bag.  Just follow the directions on the package.  Once they are done, I'll pour them into a mixing bowl.  Add 1/2 tsp. butter, Mrs. Dash, pepper, and crushed red pepper.  Then toss to coat and serve.

Sunday:  Dined Out. Green chili cheeseburger and fries.  We grew up very close to our cousins, so close in fact that they are more like sisters to us.  And tonight my cousin and her family were moving to California.  So of course we decided to go out for dinner.  One last get together.   We headed to the one of the local Mexican food restaurants and I had the Mexican burger.  It's a cheeseburger with roasted long green chili.  And of course french fries.  Although instead of ketchup I like to dip the fries in salsa.

Monday: Oven baked Sriracha Chicken, brown rice, and Asian mixed veggies.  Baking the chicken keeps it moist and yummy especially if you cover the baking dish with foil.






Oven Baked Sriracha Chicken

1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tsp. sriracha sauce
1/4 tsp. Chinese five spice blend
1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
1 tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tsp. fresh ginger, minced or grated
4 stalks green onions (greens: thinly sliced and whites:minced), separated

Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 9X13 baking dish with Pam and set aside.  In a large bowl, whisk together the minced whites of the green onions, hoisin sauce, ginger, garlic, lime juice, sriracha, and seasoning.  Working with one piece at a time, place chicken breast in the bowl and coat with sauce (the sauce is pretty thick). Place chicken breast in baking dish and repeat with remaining chicken. Pour any of the remaining sauce over the chicken.  Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 35-40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Place chicken on a serving dish and top with green onion greens and toasted sesame seeds.
Brown rice is a boil in the bag kind.  Just make it according to package directions.  I like to toss a cube of chicken broth into the water to flavor the rice.  When it's done, I season the rice with Mrs. Dash, a splash of less sodium soy sauce, and 1/2 tsp. Land O'Lakes Light Butter with Canola.

For the mixed veggies, they are the frozen ones.  You can steam them right in the bag.  Just follow the directions on the package.  Once they are done, I'll pour them into a mixing bowl.  Add 1/2 tsp. butter, Mrs. Dash, pepper, and crushed red pepper.  Then toss to coat and serve.

Tuesday:  Meat and Potato Casserole, black beans, and mixed veggies.  A dinner that my husband lovingly calls "The Most Perfect Dinner!" 






Meat and Potato Casserole

1 lb 93/7 lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 (10.5 oz) can Campbell's 98% fat free condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tsp. Mrs. Dash
4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup water

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with Pam.  In a frying pan, brown beef and onion together until beef is done. Stir Italian seasoning into beef mixture.  Lay a third of the potatoes on bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle potatoes with some of the Mrs. Dash and some pepper. Spread half the beef mixture on top.  Repeat layers, ending with potato layer.   Combine soup and water. Spread soup mixture over top. Cover and back 1 hour.


I always have black beans in my fridge.  It's one of the foods that I prep along with chicken.  I buy a can of No Salt Added whole black beans, not the refried ones.  Rinse them in a colander.  I take a medium size skillet add about 1/4 cup of water.  Heat over medium, and once the water is hot I add the beans.  Then I season them with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, pepper, crushed red pepper, cumin, hot sauce, and 25% less sodium seasoned salt.  Stir it all up and then mash them.  You can add more water if you want them to be bit more runny.  And all the seasonings are to taste.  Just depends on your taste buds.  I cook them for about 5-7 minutes on low.  This is actually one of the foods that I prep on Sundays.  And then after they have cooled down I keep them in the fridge for tostadas, burritos, or just as a side.

For the mixed veggies, they are the frozen ones.  You can steam them right in the bag.  Just follow the directions on the package.  Once they are done, I'll pour them into a mixing bowl.  Add 1/2 tsp. butter, Mrs. Dash, pepper, and crushed red pepper.  Then toss to coat and serve.

Wednesday: Leftovers. Chicken Salad Sandwich, and cracker chips.  I like to prep chicken for the week.  I use a lemon pepper marinade.  First I trim all the fat off of boneless skinless chicken breasts.  Then I cut them in half, and with a meat mallet, I pound them all to an equal thickness.  Put them in a Ziploc baggy and refrigerate about 6 hours.  When I get ready to cook the chicken.  I spray a frying pan with Pam, and heat on medium.  Then I take the chicken sprinkle it with lemon pepper seasoning and place them in the pan.  Cook for about 6 or 7 minutes.  Flip them over and continue to cook for 6 to 7 minutes.  Take them out of the pan and place in a baking dish to cool down.  Cover with foil and refrigerate until ready to use. 

To make my chicken salad:  Mix together;  1 cup chopped or shredded fully cooked chicken, 1-2 tbsp. mayonnaise (you can substitute plain Greek yogurt, I have tried it I don't like it, but maybe you might), chopped celery, and dried dill.  I also mixed in a wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese.  Then when it's all nice and mixed I like to use a flatbread.  Spread some mustard and add spinach, with a side of cracker chips and it's dinner time!

Thursday:  Easy Chicken and Potato Dinner, and green beans.  An easy all in one dinner.







Easy Chicken and Potato Dinner

1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup Kraft fat free zesty Italian dressing
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 (1.5 lb) bag baby dutch yellow potatoes

Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with Pam. Place chicken and potatoes in prepared pan. Pour dressing over chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle with seasoning and cheese. Cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes remove foil and continue baking 10-15 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are cooked through.

For the green beans, they are the frozen ones.  You can steam them right in the bag.  Just follow the directions on the package.  Once they are done, I'll pour them into a mixing bowl.  Add 1/2 tsp. butter, Mrs. Dash, pepper, and crushed red pepper.  Then toss to coat and serve.


Friday:  Deluxe Cheeseburger Melt, black beans, and mixed veggies. A delicious all in one dinner!  It's got veggies in it, but I go ahead and add more as a side.  You can't have too many vegetables.





Deluxe Cheeseburger Melt

1/3 cup Bisquick
1/4 cup water
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, divided
1 lb 93/7 lean ground beef
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 (12 oz) bag mixed vegetables, thawed

Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with Pam.  In a medium bowl mix together Bisquick, water, eggs, and 1 cup of cheese. Spread in pan.  Brown beef; drain. Stir in soup and vegetables; heat through. Spread over batter in pan.  Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 1-3 minutes more or until cheese melts. Serve!

I always have black beans in my fridge.  It's one of the foods that I prep along with chicken.  I buy a can of No Salt Added whole black beans, not the refried ones.  Rinse them in a colander.  I take a medium size skillet add about 1/4 cup of water.  Heat over medium, and once the water is hot I add the beans.  Then I season them with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, pepper, crushed red pepper, cumin, hot sauce, and 25% less sodium seasoned salt.  Stir it all up and then mash them.  You can add more water if you want them to be bit more runny.  And all the seasonings are to taste.  Just depends on your taste buds.  I cook them for about 5-7 minutes on low.  This is actually one of the foods that I prep on Sundays.  And then after they have cooled down I keep them in the fridge for tostadas, burritos, or just as a side.

For the mixed veggies, they are the frozen ones.  You can steam them right in the bag.  Just follow the directions on the package.  Once they are done, I'll pour them into a mixing bowl.  Add 1/2 tsp. butter, Mrs. Dash, pepper, and crushed red pepper.  Then toss to coat and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment