Friday, May 15, 2015

Happiness Comes From the Healthiness Within

I thought that by losing weight it would make me happy.  Now don't get me wrong.  It's not like I was unhappy in my life, but I was unhappy with my body.  I figured that I would lose weight and I would be happier.  Losing the weight was satisfying.  But it didn't make me happy.  What really made me happy was the reaction of my family.  My parents telling me that they are proud of me.  That's happiness.  My daughter saying she wants to do PiYo just like me when she gets bigger.  Her saying to me that she loves going to the gym with me in the mornings.  Joy!  My husband got called for jury duty and on the form where it asked for his wife's occupation he wrote, "Fitness Instructor."  He came home and showed me.  He told me he was so proud of me!  Happy tear!  I was asked once what was the most satisfying aspect of losing weight.  And with out a doubt the most satisfying point of this entire journey has been hearing my daughter say she is so proud of me.  She is one of the main reasons I decided to get healthy I wanted to be an inspiration for her.  I wanted to show her that the way her mama was living was not good and there is a better way, a healthier way.  I hope I've has planted those seeds in her.  Because then all of this hard work will be worth every agonizing step.  Find your inspiration and your motivation.  And make sure that it's something that will drive you every single day. And you will succeed.

And while we are on this journey we have to remember to be proud and happy with ourselves especially with the progress we are making.  It has made me happy to be able to do things I couldn't before. Love yourself no matter what or you will nitpick your body.  I know.  I no longer have that old body, and you think that would make me happy with this new one I have worked so hard for.  But there are still things I don't like.  I have to constantly remind myself that I have come a long way.  That I am so much more healthier today than I was a year ago, and that is the end prize, is it not?  That's why I decided to start this weight loss journey.  To get healthy.  Don't get so hung up on the scale.   We are so much more that that number.

No comments:

Post a Comment